This cobbler is made to fit a 1.6l pie dish.
- 375g self-raising flour (plus extra)
- 35g light brown sugar
- 40g white sugar
- 225ml milk (plus extra)
- 75g butter
- 5 peaches
- 300g raspberries
- 3 tbsp white sugar (plus extra)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1) To a large mixing bowl, add the flour and sugars.
2) To the dry mixture, add the butter, and rub together until combined and the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3) Measure out the milk and add to the bowl. It is easier to add the milk in stages, so the dough is smooth yet spongy. However, you will still have to mix constantly to produce this consistency.
(This is what your dough should look like)
4) Also, at this point, you should preheat your oven (fan assisted) to 180 degrees.
5) Roll out your dough on a well-floured surface until about 15mm thick
6) De-stone your peaches and then slice them up into roughly tree pieces per quarter to fill your pie dish.
7) Add the raspberries to the peaches in the dish
8) Add the sugar and cinnamon to the fruit and mix around the dish so all flavours are incorporated.
9) Using the dough you rolled out earlier, with a small glass, cut out circles to top your fruit. You may knead and roll out the dough as many times as you like to cover your fruit.
10) With your index finger, place a deep dimple in the middle of each cobbler and place on top of your fruit, covering the majority of the top.
11) Using your finger, glaze the cobblers with milk and then sprinkle sugar on top for extra sweetening.
12) Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on how ripe your peaches are. (Display cobbler only took 20 minutes)